8.11.11

Mil(ELLE)stone

Something very exciting arrived in the mail yesterday; my December issue of ELLE Canada Magazine. I have subscribed to this publication for years, but this issue in particular holds incredible significance - a beauty shoot that I was the stylist for, is featured in the mag!  This is definitely a milestone in my fashion career and I am so appreciative to have had this opportunity. 

The behind-the-scene story goes something like this: Back in the summer  (I know, magazine time lines are SO in advance) I was approached by one of the Editors at ELLE to style a beauty shoot. My experience with styling has mainly been with wardrobing, but  I was told hat this was not just any beauty shoot. Kakuyasu Uchiide, international artistic director for Shu Uemura, was flying in from Japan (his first time on Canadian soil) for the shoot, to show us how to apply Holiday glamour makeup, the right way. For obvious reasons, I jumped at this opportunity. The only challenge was calling in clothing and accessories that would be appropriate for the Winter Holiday season, I mean, the shoot did take place on a hot summer day in early June!  

On set, when I wasn't frantically dressing models or selecting the perfect jewelry, it was breathtaking to watch Uchiide artfully transform the models faces into works of art. For someone like me, who is very minimalist in the makeup department (I don't even own foundation or concealer) being on set at this photo shoot was very inspiring and eye opening. 

For those of you who do not subscribe to ELLE (you should), I strongly encourage you to visit the news stand and check out the images that are spread across pages 272 - 277. Which Holiday makeup look most closely parallels your personality; the Vamp, the Ingenue, the Femme Fatale, or the Siren?  

Thanks for your continued support!

XX





4 comments:

  1. YAYYYY!!! soooo proud of you Car, this is a HUGE accomplishment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing carebear!

    keep following your heart

    you're true talent

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carly! that is so fantastic! congrats!

    ps. check out the article called "magic carpet" closer to the front - I'm in that one! haha we're december issue twins.

    xoxo danni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Car!!! SO exciting! Im so proud of you. Definitely saving this copy :)
    Keep up the amazing work!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!
XX