29.10.11

Peter Pan

With all of the Halloween madness going on around me, I was inspired by Peter Pan when I chose this outfit. As I mentioned in an earlier post, ponchos and capes are the 'IT' piece of the season. When I saw this oversize cape, I absolutely HAD to have it. I found that the cape swallowed me up a little bit, so I tie a belt around the middle to cinch it in at the waist. While it is a few sizes too big for me, I think the extra material allows it to be both comfy and chic at the same time. Which Disney character inspired your Halloween Costume or your daily wardrobe? Happy Halloween!

XX



Cape: Hemzer, Belt: Anthropologie, Boots: Vero Cuoio, Bangle: Marc Jacobs

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit, the cape looks amazing and I love how you have cinched it in at the waist to offset the baggyness! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cape...it like the way it hangs in pleats! And the boots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! I love love love this one. Can those of us who are not teeny weeny pull this off or should we avoid all the extra fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie! For people who have sexy curves, they should try and get a cape that has a tie waist belt or a built in thick elastic for that extra cinching effect. I would also get one that is a little bit longer in length to give off an elongated appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO AWESOME you can totally pull this off. I would look like a scarecrow probs. but YOU look amazing, and it's so different but not pretentious. good job!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!
XX