20.10.11

HU(GO)'s the Boss?

The underbelly of London, Ontario (Dundas Street east of Adelaide) is home to many vintage outlets and antique shops. Some of the store fronts resemble a bad scene from the hit TV show Hoarder's; there are piles and piles of stuff (old computers, baby strollers, clothes, furniture, etc) just lying around in  heaps of chaos and disorganization. At times this scene is very overwhelming but when I am in the mood for a daytime adventure I trot along this sketchy block in hopes of finding something incredible. Today, I truly found a diamond in the rough. As I was exiting one of the vintage stores, a pair of off-white shoes hiding in the corner caught my eyes. To my shock, they were a) my size, b) brand-spanking-new,c) made in Italy and d) HUGO BOSS. Yes, you read that right; I scored a brand new pair of gorgeous Hugo Boss shoes for a fraction of what the retail price would normally be.  This experience of hide-and-seek is exactly what is meant by the age-old saying "one mans trash is another mans treasure".

Unfortunately I will have to retire these in my closet until the Spring, but I look forward to debuting them and showing everyone 'HU(GO)'s the boss'.

What's your favourite fashion find of all time?

XX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!
XX