29.11.11

Work Hard, Play Hard(er)

In a previous post (see it here) I talked about dressing for the job you want. Or rather, for the type of environment that you will be working in. In that post I looked much more casual, and felt much more myself. However, I recently had to purchase a suit because I had a corporate event (that I had helped plan) to attend and I needed to 'play' the part. I have to say, I don't quite mind this look. It makes me feel bold, strong and powerful. The 'power' suit allows you to exude a different level of confidence and professionalism. Just like with everything else in our lives, I think that it is about balance and moderation. I won't wear a suit everyday (my job does not require that I do), but I think that when I do wear it, I will rock it hard! 
What is your dress code at work?

XX


 

Pant Suit: The Gap, Top: DKNY, Shoes: Aldo, Glasses: Burberry

1 comment:

Would love to hear from you!
XX